View Single Post
Old September 4, 2011, 10:03 PM   #38
NWPilgrim

Quote:
Yes but "prudently cautious" and "don't go shooting without bringing a lookout in case someone wants to kill you" are two different things, the latter of which seems to be implied by your "don't go shooting alone in a remote spot" comment.
You are contorting, or at best exaggerating, what I said, which was:
Quote:
I do go to a rock pit often for informal shooting/plinking since the local clubs have restrictions on types of targets and only at set ranges and not easy to shoot from various positions.

When I do go, I always carry my G23, or carry the spare when I am shooting the carry one. I scope out the area before setting up, and try to bring a friend along if possible.
How you inflate that to "Don't go shooting without a friend!" I don't know. Maybe you have some phobias you are projecting. I would say at best I can find someone available about one fourth of the times I go to the pit. I conduct my life as I want, while aware and prepared the best I can.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.04439 seconds with 7 queries