View Single Post
Old September 2, 2011, 10:58 PM   #59
Bill Akins

Quote:
Chris B wrote:
If nothing else, this thread is an education! That Czech single-shot is a handsome pistol by the way. I wonder if any of them made it over here.
Thanks Chris, it's gratifying to know I've helped educate some people on weapon history. I try . I also enjoy hearing other members ideas and concepts on rapid fire muzzleloaders.

To my knowledge that modern Czech made vertical harmonica block pistol was not made in the U.S. and that the Czech's mainly made it for export to countries where they cannot have cartridge handguns like England. There was a much earlier made harmonica pistol that the main differences between it and that Czech one is the Czech pistol used a horizontal harmonica block that was separate from the barrel, whereas the earlier pistol used a vertical harmonica block that had the barrels being integral with the harmonica block. That pistol was the German pinfire "Schuler Reform" pistol and here's a couple of pics of it....

Quote:
Chris B wrote:
Bill, once you make the semi-BP gun, you need to film it. Of course, there will be so much smoke once you start firing, nobody will see anything

Chris, if I ever built a semi-auto muzzleloader, I'd use non smoking black powder substitute. You can get the substitute black powder where it does not smoke if you want, or they have the versions that do smoke if you prefer.
Naturally for this application I'd buy the non smoke making black powder substitute. The less smoke and fouling I could avoid in a muzzleloading semi or full auto the better.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; September 3, 2011 at 05:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.04963 seconds with 7 queries