View Single Post
Old August 20, 2011, 08:37 AM   #32
Gus-gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&p45acp10+1
I believe not getting involved was the right thing to do. One of the first things I was trained in when I went through medic school was not to add yourself as another victim. You can not do anyone any good at all if you are down.

Personaly I would have gone a good safe distance away. Like at least a mile away, and then called 911. You do not know what was going on. It could have been a gang "jump in". You could have started to help the guys. Only to have them come at you too. Too many variables. I know the police would not have gone in with only one, or even 3 officers.
My largest concern when it was happening was at first not impacting any one of the cars, then it switched to avoiding the melee ahead.
Not as an excuse, but there were at least 5 cars and who knows how many people in those cars, who had a much easier time dealing with the 911 issue and it would be easy to believe 2, 3 or 4 of the cars had to be locals.
How many cars passed right before us or after us. Did everyone remain silent? I highly doubt it.
I feel good rationalizing my decision to scoot along and never look back. It never hit the news and a good friend who lives right near there said he didn't see anything when he passed by there a couple hours later.

But my CHL will become a dear friend.

Page generated in 0.05298 seconds with 8 queries