View Single Post
Old August 19, 2011, 07:21 PM   #27
I was in a similar situation in the outskirts of Mobile, Alabama.

Short version:
I got lost in a suburb, the day after a Tropical Storm pounded the area. I ended up in a bad area, after dark, and was the only white guy in town. Everyone on the streets was carrying weapons. I don't know what was going on, but I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. I slowed to an idle in 1st gear (didn't want to stop), to look at a map, and heard some shouting.

When I looked up, 2 groups of armed men were kicking the crap out of a few other unfortunate souls. When they saw me, both groups rushed toward my car. I had my .44 Mag loaded, sitting in my lap. ...But that wasn't the answer. My 6 shots in a single-action revolver were no competition for the firearms I could already see in some of their hands; let alone, the ones that may have been concealed.

The answer was the gas pedal. I barely squeezed through the groups, and blasted my out of that town. ...The wrong way, down a one-way street.

Sometimes, retreat (or escape) is the best solution. Once you're away, you can try to help anyone that may still be stuck in the mob.
"Such is the strange way that man works -- first he virtually destroys a species and then does everything in his power to restore it."
Page generated in 0.08648 seconds with 7 queries