View Single Post
Old August 15, 2011, 07:49 AM   #4
kraigwy

Quote:
So i my question is does anyone know of a deaf competitive shooter? I have not been to an event so im not sure how easy it would be to accommodate
Yes deaf competitors can shoot. I'm really hard of hearing, with ear protection I cannot hear timers. Its quite common for use that have been shooting for close to 50 years.

When timers are used, the range officer taps the shoulder of the individual who can't hear the timers.

In high Power, you scorer will relay the commands, you start shooting when you see the targets come up.

In Bullseye pistol, you have turning targets, if no turning targets are available you get the shoulder tap.

Please, if you want to shoot go to the match and shoot. Inform them of your hearing problem and they will make arrangements where it wont be a handicap, and to make sure you have a safe satisfying experience.

In every match I've run or went to, there has always been people helping the range officer to ensure safety and help those with handicaps.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASONS A DEAF PERSON CANNOT COMPETE IN SHOOTING SPORTS.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.04293 seconds with 7 queries