View Single Post
Old July 27, 2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Jim243

Lots of luck on that.(LOL) I just stopped 5 min ago preping 50 more 223 cases. Puting together 200 cases to get ready to load all of them at one time.

First no you want to resize them BEFORE you trim them. Some might/will change length with the resizing process. I wanted to do it faster as well, so I bought a Lyman trimmer that lets me use my hand drill to do the trimming with, it does seem a little faster, not a lot but it is an easyier process.

I do all the trims at one time and then chanfer them as a second step. Now they are cleaned (tumbled), sized (X-Small Base), trimed and chanfered and are waiting for primer, powder and bullet. I was using my single stage press and a RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 for loading them. But, I have my Lee Classic Turret setup and want to load them faster.

This is for plinking rounds, for hunting and load development I still do them one at a time on a RCBS RockChucker.

A little backgound, I took my new Son-in-Law out to shoot the ARs about 3 weeks ago, and we did go through about 300 - 400 rounds. No problem I still have close to 1,200 rounds more that I have loaded. But, like any compulsive reloaded I wanted to replace my stock of loaded rounds.

So out comes the turret with my 223 dies (third set) and Pro-Auto Disk (double disk) set up on. And I will use the press to prime the cases with. No turret and index rod out, it just goes faster to prime cases that way.

Since I am parinoid about having the correct amount of powder in each case, I have always stopped after powdering the case to check that I have not missed a case and have a squib waiting to happen.

So today UPS dropped off a new RCBS powder check die.

At this point the cases have been preped and primed.

So Station 1 is setup with the rifle powder through die and Pro Auto Disk

Station 2 has the Powder Checker die

Station 3 has the bullet seater

And Station 4 has the factory crimp die

That is how I do it.

Jim

Page generated in 0.04271 seconds with 7 queries