View Single Post
Old July 15, 2011, 08:52 AM   #147
geetarman

I can sympathize with the retribution aspect. When our son was in high school,
for whatever reason, some kids found a "target" and went out of their way to make his life miserable.

One day, he was riding his bike around the neighborhood and they caught him and assaulted him.

I had to take him to the ER to get checked out and we filed a police report.

That was not enough. Those same kids started taunting him at school.

I finally got a copy of the police report and it had the name and number of the parents.

I checked the phone book and sure enough, the number was unlisted.

I called the father and he said he would have corrected the behavior of his son had he known what was going on. He asked me why I did not call and I asked him if his phone number was listed. Long pause. . .

I told him that I was fed up with the threats and taunts.

I told him if the threat did not stop, I was going to file charges against his son again. This time it would not be a first offense.

I also told him that I have been around enough to know how the game is played.

I told him that if there were ANY repeats of threats or taunts, I was going to pay him a visit. I also told him that I was going to hold him responsible for any damage done to my property whether done by his son or if done as a result of his son calling in favors from friends to come over and pay me a visit.

I explained to him carefully and in detail that he needed to get the message to his son and to friends of his son that I had had enough and what would happen if he did not.

It was not the smartest thing I have ever done, but the message was delivered and we never had a problem after that.

The code on the street seems to be if you defend yourself, the friends of the would be criminal, take it upon themselves to punish the victim for having the will to resist.

The pharmacist, IMO, was wrong to shoot the perp on the ground after he was down and posed no immediate threat, but I cannot see first degree murder.

I think he will spend some time in prison and will walk after an appeal and retrial.

At least I hope so.

Geetarman

Page generated in 0.04572 seconds with 7 queries