View Single Post
Old July 14, 2011, 09:53 AM   #22
chack

I am going to order a different tube extension because the 8 shot extension didn't look right and fell at the wrong spot in relation to the rib pillars. If I had used it I would have had to cut the barrel at 22" and it would have been too front heavy. I cut the barrel at 18.5" instead of 20" like I had intended. I'm going to get a 7 shot extension instead. I'll be putting a barrel clamp on it to support the mag tube, I haven't decided if I want to get one with a rail for a flashlight or possibly a laser.

The firesights are awesome, and although they are a little pricey at $40 they allowed me to have the rifle style sights I wanted and were an easy bolt on installation. They do a great job gathering light and make aiming a piece of cake even in very low light. Since this is a dedicated Home defense shotgun, I am trying to set it up for functionality in the dark so I'm considering a laser too, although I'm leaning against it.

Overall, I'm very pleased with how it turned out but I'm not sure I'm sold on the folding stock though. I'm thinking I should put the synthetic stock that came with the gun back on. If it came down to me needing to buttstroke an intruder I don't think the folder would hold up well. Also, I want to have more onboard ammo for reloads than the 3 spots on the folder. 3 is OK, but if a little is good, alot is better. I'm thinking of install a shell holder for extra ammo on the buttstock. The alternative would be to get a sling with loops, and I don't know how that would handle.

The picture quality is lousy, but the shotgun looks great and feels pretty good.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg shotgun open.jpg (13.7 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg firesights.JPG (9.2 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg shotgun closed.JPG (6.6 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by chack; July 14, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Page generated in 0.06677 seconds with 8 queries