View Single Post
Old June 29, 2011, 01:24 PM   #30
precision_shooter

I alwasy grab my 12ga loaded with #4 Buck and 00 Buck alternatingly. I also have my Glock 20 in 10mm on the nightstand to get me to my 12ga and it goes with me as backup should the shotgun fail...

You have to have a plan!

My wife knows that when I get up to check noises, she gets in the closet on the floor. I want her as low as possible. You never know what direction you will have to shoot in your home, so having her on the floor helps to minimize the chance that she will get hit by rounds through the walls. Most invaders will not be on the floor, they will be standing either looking to fight or looking to run. Center Mass on the average person will be about 5 feet off the ground.

As others have said, IF I have to use my weapon to defend our lives and home, then the last thing I will be worried about is how much it will cost to replace drywall, furniture, or any other material object...

Be safe and keep a clear head!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Page generated in 0.04993 seconds with 7 queries