View Single Post
Old June 28, 2011, 07:57 AM   #10
l98ster

Never used the loadmaster, but I had the pro 1000 bfore I bought my Dillon. Overall, for the money its not bad. The money you save on the press is going to be spent on aspirin for the headaches you will get trying to get the primers to fed correctly.

Again, fo the money, it performs adequitly. The main problems are:

1) Primer feed: the primer feed on the pro1000 is by far the worst feature the machine has. Only on the rarest occasions would it work smoothly for about 100 rounds. Most of my time spent reloading with that machine was messing with the primers.

2) The powder measure using the disc system: It actually worked well, but did not allow for precision tuning of powder. At best, you can get .5 grain increments, when my level of precision was calling for .1 grain increments. However, you can live with it. For about 15 bucks, you can buy the universal charge bar for it, and have the precision flexibility.

Other than that, I had a couple of slight timing issues (its an auto indexing progressive), but nothing to be concerned with. The case feeder worked really well (get the case collator!!!).

Overall, for the money, its something that will serve you fairly well. The reason I bought my Dillon 550 is because of the primer issues with the pro1000. Havent had a single hiccup in close to 50,000 rounds with my dillon so far. Great machine and even better customer service!!

-George

Page generated in 0.02393 seconds with 8 queries