View Single Post
Old June 26, 2011, 09:40 AM   #29
Clark

Quote:
C0untZer0

I am going to look at a Glock this weekend, I know the Glocks are designed to handle +P.

I was hoping that the worst case scenario for loading 9mm hot would be the commercially availble +P+ like Buffalo Bore.

I guess I am worried about the previous owner fired hot ammo through it and was hoping that you couldn't make 9mm so hot that it would damage a Glock - but that's too much to ask for I guess.

Someone could always load to +P+ pressures with regular brass and blown it up I am guessing...
The pressure is not likely to cause wear on the Glock, recoil is.
The Glock 19 with too much recoil has the slide hit the frame.

Here is a Glock 19 that has shot a lot of hot 9mm ammo, much hotter than any +P+ commercially available.
In the pics I have tried to label, in red, the two surfaces that collide when there is too much recoil.
It is ~ a 12 ounce slide hitting an ~ 5 ounce frame.
If your hands were made of metal, the frame would take a much bigger beating, but the compliance of your hand's web allows to frame to move.

Can you see a slight deformation of the plastic frame?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glock 19 9mm slide stop 5 ounce frame.jpg (86.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Glock 19 9mm slide stop.jpg (69.0 KB, 19 views)
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Page generated in 0.05656 seconds with 8 queries