View Single Post
Old June 24, 2011, 08:45 AM   #385
Bartholomew Roberts

Sharyl Attkisson of CBS News has done some great reporting on this. She was the first major news organization to run with the story and she stuck to it like a bulldog. CBS definitely earned my respect by being willing to take a real news story and run with it when all the other outlets were looking the other way.

Ms. Attkisson also brings us news that two Gunwalker AK47s have now been linked to the torture/murder of Mario Gonzalez Rodriguez, the brother of Mexico's Chihuahua State Attorney General as well as the 250 some previous crimes and the death of two U.S. federal agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by publius42
US Attorneys making US foreign policy with Mexico? Without consulting their superiors?
Not just making foreign policy with Mexico; but actively violating treaties we have with Mexico as well as cutting ATF's Mexico liason out of the information loop on the whole process. That's DOJ's big conunundrum right now... they can't sell the program as a "few rogue agents" without admitting that they gave the kids the keys to the liquor cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Norris
Now there is this article in The LA Times that seems to indicate that Acting Director Melson is resisting pressure to step down. He reportedly does not want to be the "Fall Guy" for the scandal. Melson is said to be eager to testify to Congress but the DOJ is not giving him permission.
This is getting good. DOJ wants to throw Melson under the bus but won't allow him to testify before Congress? Sounds like subpoena time to me. If there was even a scintilla of doubt (which there wasn't really) that this originated higher than Melson, that pretty much erases it for me.

Last edited by Bartholomew Roberts; June 24, 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.05144 seconds with 7 queries