View Single Post
Old June 16, 2011, 08:40 AM   #1
Sevens

Share your .327 Federal Mag load data

In most cartridges, load data is e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. From the powder distributor to the bullet companies to the manuals from the reloading tools companies to the fan websites, etc etc. There are many place to peruse both published and lab-tested load data and also experimental data from enthusiasts.

But... we aren't talking .38 Special here, where the chambering has been around for 100+ years.

We are talking [u].327 Federal Magnum[/b], where only ATK makes brass. ATK's (Alliant's) load data is very slim, offering only a couple of quick nuggets and always only for Gold Dot bullets. Hodgdon offers more, which is nice.

Most of the published manuals don't have squat. Lyman 49 has zilch. I haven't seen the newest Speer Manual, but the last one I looked at (#13, I think?) had nothing.

There is a lot of trial and error going on with this round and getting ideas from other handloaders seems to make the most sense until we can (hopefully!) make the cartridge popular enough to drag along some of the industries' testers.

So please, if you handload the .327 Federal Magnum, add some of the loads that you've been working with and obviously, add any comments or things you've noticed. Hopefully we get a few folks putting up some concoctions and sharing some ideas here.

IMO, this thread is long, long overdue.

Page generated in 0.04476 seconds with 7 queries