View Single Post
Old June 2, 2011, 03:41 PM   #207
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Hornady has not taken the 327 MAG round seriously enough to manufacture it, but has a Critical Defense version of the 22 MAGNUM out.
I've wondered a bit about that, as well. But... people have complained for a long time, about .22 WMR performance out of short barrels (such as NAA revolvers). I've been wondering if the Kel-Tec PMR30 had anything to do with Hornady's choice to develop that load.

Quote:
This may have been answered in the previous 9 or so pages of posts.. but.. can't a revolver capable of shooting 327Fedmag shoot also the 32 H&R, 32 long, and 32 S&W??

4bullets 1 gun?

Because if it can shoot the 32 long it can shoot the 32 S&W.

Sort of like the 22short, 22long, 22long rifle ..??
I haven't seen any of the firearm manufacturers officially endorse the use of .32 S&W, since it has slightly different case dimensions.

Like Glenn, Crankylove and I shoot .327 Federal, .32 H&R, and .32 S&W Long in our revolvers.
Since my revolver is a single action, I also sometimes feed it .32 S&W and .32 Auto. However, those short cartridges have a long jump to the cylinder throat, and can have unpredictable performance. The .32 S&W and .32 Auto loads have to be loaded hot, to be reliable in a .327 chamber. Sticking with the "big three" is the best choice (.327, .32 H&R, .32 S&W L).

Page generated in 0.04452 seconds with 7 queries