View Single Post
Old May 26, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1
output

Brommeland Gun Leather my experience so far

Background info:

I came across one of Gary’s holsters at a firearms course I took last year (2010.) I was so impressed with the quality and workmanship that I decided I would order one for myself. Before I placed my order I decided that I would do some research on Brommeland Gun Leather before placing my order… I quickly realized that Gary has had some issues with customer service and delivery times. I could not find one bad review on his holsters PERIOD aside from wait times, and customer service.

Placing my order:

I called Brommeland Gun Leather a couple days after seeing one of his holsters firsthand and Gary picked up on one of the first few rings. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he knows his trade and that he has a passion for what he does. It was pleasure speaking with him as he was very personable and extremely knowledgeable. I was told the wait time would be a few months and that I would not be billed until my holster was ready to be shipped to me.

Waiting for my order to arrive:

Two weeks after placing my order I received a phone call from Gary stating that a customer backed out of a sale just as he was completing the holster for him and that I could take it (as it was the same holster I ordered) if I would like. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity! Gary processed my credit card…and here I am over six months later with no holster, mag pouch, or belt as promised.

The only reason I am even halfway upset is because now after multiple emails and phone calls I feel as if I have been lied to. In my last email from Gary I was told:

“First off, thank you for your patience. We've have been getting some seriously ugly leather in lately and have sent most of it back to the tannery. This came as the result of having to throw away most of an entire batch of holsters.

We just received a fresh batch of material and it looks good. I am way behind on all of my orders because I am making some of them for the second and third time. In your case, the belt is the last piece to go, and I should be able to get to it sometime next week.

I'll give you a call or email you when I can be more specific, but I expect to ship your order out in the next week to ten days. Thank you again for hanging in there with us. I'll be in touch. Thanks!”

This is after being told on multiple occasions that my holster was being remade because he did not like the way it turned out. Why was I billed for the holster in the first place if he was not happy with the way it was turning out? Why was I not called or informed at any time? I do not mind wait times. I don't mind paying upfront as long as I am told. I just don’t like being lied to. After doing more research I’ve found that Gary has been giving the same excuses about received bad leather since 2007.

I just wanted to share my experience thus far. I will update this thread as time passes. Please feel free to do the same.

Last edited by output; May 26, 2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Spelling

Page generated in 0.05056 seconds with 7 queries