Regarding Jim March's rewrite...
What does everyone think of adding FAQ-style answers to a few basic make-specific questions that pop up repeatedly?
I'm not suggesting anything outrageously complicated, such as engineering revision dash number explanations for every gun in the S&W lineup.
I'd also steer clear of anything controversial like the S&W ILS. I'm thinking of more basic stuff. Examples:
- Explanations of the 2 types of S&W hammer blocks and how to identify a revolver without one
- How to distinguish round-butt and square-butt S&W grip frames
- Where to find the serial number on a S&W revolver (would mesh nicely with removing the stocks to check for rust)
- Where to find the model number on post-1957 S&Ws
- What "pinned and recessed" means
- A basic explanation of the older Ruger SA hammer block retrofit program
I'm willing to contribute explanations of the S&W questions.