View Single Post
Old May 21, 2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Jim March
I've had one bit of private feedback on my stance re: Taurus and Rossi.

First revolver I ever owned was a Pre-Taurus-buyout Rossi. Sold it within the first 200 rounds after it broke two firing pins in a row.

Taurus...well, sorry, but the number of complaints (and the types of complaints) speak for themselves. About a year ago I ran into one that was so weirdly malformed it took me several hours of examination to spot it, yet the defect was serious enough that Taurus scrapped the frame - and this was the second time the gun was in their hands. A good gunsmith friend of mine who examined it also missed the issue. (This is the 605 I got free from somebody who sent it back to Taurus and it came back to them unrepaired.)

Look, a lot of times somebody fairly new to guns will have a budget of, say, $350. They need a basic defense gun. The choice comes down to a new Taurus or Rossi, or a used S&W or Ruger. I firmly believe the latter is the right way to go, esp. if you have "the checkout" to run through, which is certainly an option if you're reading this . That was the boat I was in when I bought my first really good revo and it's really the target audience for this document.

Nothing is going to change my mind on that point.
Jim March
Page generated in 0.04502 seconds with 7 queries