View Single Post
Old April 27, 2011, 10:52 AM   #23
LordTio3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article says that the officer fired twice.

He pursued the man accross the street durring the alleged "gun pointing", then allegedly identified himself as a cop and fired AS he was attempting to get into his own home. He then ran to the door, kicked it open, located the man again and shot him.

Even if we separate this into 2 parts: the shooting outside, and the shooting inside; the cop is still wrong to shoot a fleeing suspect presumably in the back as he tried to enter the home he originally came from. He's then operating against SOP by not calling in the shooting as soon as he can, not waiting for backup, forceably entering a residence, then shooting a man. Bad all around.

Like Jim said, this looks... bad.

In my mind, these are the cop's thoughts as the events unfolded.

"We should move in the bed set next before the dresser... Holy crap. Is that a gun? BAD GUY WITH A GUN! Gotta get him. Hey! You! You with the GUN! Hey, don't you run, I'm a COP! He's tryin to get in that house. Armed man breaking in- shoot him! Hey! What if whoever lives here is home? Gotta save them. Kick the door down. Hey! Stop! Bam Bam Bam! It's okay folks. It's all okay- I saved you all...
Wait... what?"

~LT

Page generated in 0.04138 seconds with 7 queries