View Single Post
Old April 24, 2011, 07:34 PM   #147
Sevens

My handload for .327 Federal Mag with 85 grain XTP's are about one grain less of Alliant 2400 than my load for 158gr JSP's in .357 Mag -- in a much smaller cartridge case and a max pressure of 10,000 PSI higher than the .357 Magnum.

I don't have any sound testing equipment but I'm going to suggest that in reality, .327 Federal from a 3-inch barrel is indeed going to be louder than .357 Magnum from a 6-inch barrel. But I also have no doubt that much like felt recoil, noise and blast is a very subjective thing.
Quote:
Don't know where these yahoos are coming up with...
That would be the same place you are coming up with your opinions.

Ever heard .30 Carbine from a 7.5-inch Blackhawk? That's damn near the same thing as a .327 Federal right there... 5,000 PSI max less than .30 Carbine.

.30 Carbine from a handgun is almost universally accepted as absolutely, positively obnoxious. .327 is damn near the exact same dimensions in every direction, running 5,000 PSI more pressure.

It could be that you are shooting the weak little Federal Hydra-Shok load from your .327. That would be an answer right there. Pick up some Gold Dots or make some proper ammo for it yourself.

Page generated in 0.05016 seconds with 7 queries