View Single Post
Old April 19, 2011, 01:00 AM   #29
Mauser Rat

Good Question.......

I use both depending on what I am doing. Extruded Powder? Volume can be pretty variable and I have seen several grain swings when I weigh the "dipper". At or near "never exceed"? I use both and frequently but still trust the BB most. Spherical powder like AA #2? The 550B just throws it the same every time and I can sleep very well firing that load without stopping to test every fifth case. Then I check every box load or when I have to get up and make sure my heart is still beating.

I have an Ohaus electronic 2100 gram laboratory scale but one day I noticed that it only reports grains to the nearest 0.2 interval and flickers back and forth between two readings when it is unhappy. When you are near a Maximum and using extruded powder? Balance beam is what I trust the most because of that gravity thing that Snuffy mentioned. When I am setting the powder throw? Measure every case until you can sleep well and then, after that, check them when the hair stands up on the back of your neck.

I wonder if anybody ever asks a surgeon what scalpel he/she always uses? I hope that he/she would say whichever gets the job done the best measured by patient survival? When I am loading 44 grains of powder for a rifle load then I want to avoid having to talk to that surgeon and I measure often and do whatever puts my mind at rest.

Did any of you see the pictures of that M1 Garand after eating some bad powder that someone here posted a few weeks ago? I don't want to go there and I still can not believe that no one got seriously hurt or lost an eye or something with all of that pointy, sharp wood and steel flying around.

Last edited by Mauser Rat; April 19, 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.04948 seconds with 7 queries