View Single Post
Old April 8, 2011, 11:38 AM   #26
Doodlebugger45

As snuffy and others have alluded to, the mere fact that you are reloading at all will start to imporve the accuracy of whatever loads you use. Before I started reloading, I could only afford to shoot maybe a couple boxes of factory ammo each year in a couple hunting rifles. I was like a lot of folks who might go out 3-4 times a year and shoot 5 rounds each time and then an additional 10 rounds or so a week before deer or elk season started. I would shoot a .22 rifle or my single shot .223 quite a bit more hoping it would translate over to better shooting skills with the big game rifles.

When I started reloading for rifles, I was quick to try to go out and find the most accurate load possible for each rifle. After a bit though, I realized that the weak link in the chain was me! So, for quite awhile I just concentrated on loading up some "reasonably" accurate rounds and shooting a lot of them. Instead of shooting 30 rounds per year out of a couple rifles each, I could go out and shoot 50-60 rounds each WEEK out of 4-5 different rifles, getting 200-300 rounds shot each week. Shooting a .22 or .223 is great practice, but nothing is quite like the individual scope and individual trigger and stock of a given rifle.

After quite awhile, my shooting skills got to the point to where I could actually see some consistent difference between parameters that I was testing.

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 7 queries