Thread: Tumble lube
View Single Post
Old April 6, 2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Mauser Rat

Candy anyone?

Thanks for the 45-45-10 "recipe." Because I am definitely not happy with the first couple of attempts at tumble lubing using the Lee liquid alox alone. I don't mind a mess if it is functional and I sure don't care about looks until that projectile is down range and has done what I wanted it to do.

BUT....

I worry a little bit what I am going to be sending down the barrel and it seems with that sticky mess that it COULD be a lot of abrasive stuff sticking to the lube. Maybe other folks manage to live in a super clean environment where there is no sand or small particulate stuff in the range bag that I use to take my ammo out to the field in. It just seems that firing ammo that has even a microscopic coating of "dust" on each round fired might be like lapping the barrel round after round after round......

So, thanks for the recipe and I can't wait to make some up and see if I can
load some rounds that do not look like some kid drooled caramel all over my ammo......

Question: Is Johnson's the magic paste wax? Or could it be another brand of paste wax? Is there some magic ingredient in Johnson's that makes it better than, say, McGuires? (sp?)

Last edited by Mauser Rat; April 6, 2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Added Johnson's question

Page generated in 0.04189 seconds with 7 queries