View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011, 02:32 AM   #5
Bill Akins

Arcticap, the owner just told me that "Uberti" and other information was UNDER the barrel. I didn't ask him what other symbols or other details were UNDER the barrel. I did see some symbols on the right side of the frame though and one of them was a "CD" in a rectangle as you can see here....

It may be that the "CD" is the factory proof date code for the year 2009.

But I'm just going by this below scale supplied in an earlier thread by MyKeal, and I'm not sure if this scale is for all Italian BP revolvers or just for ASM's. Here's what MyKeal wrote regarding another member's ASM BP revolver on March 29, 2011 (couple of days ago) in the "Won a cap and ball revolver, need help" thread....

Quote:
MyKeal wrote:
It was manufactured by Armi San Marco (ASM), not Uberti.

There will be two Italian proof marks at various places on the gun; one consists of the letters PN under a 5 pointed star inside a garland, the other a shield under the same star/garland.

There will also be either a two letter code inside a square box or a roman numeral-like code without the box; this identifies the year when the gun was proofed by the Italian proof houses.

Here's the date decoder ring:

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; March 31, 2011 at 04:02 AM.

Page generated in 0.04429 seconds with 7 queries