Ludwig Loewe and Isidore Loewe were Jewish arms traders who acquired shares of several arm manufacturer companies (notably FN and Mauser) in the 1890s, forming the Ludwig Loewe company. Ludwig took control of Mauser Werke, Isidore later merged it with ammunition company Deutsche Metallpatronen Fabrik Lorenz to form Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken Aktien-Gesellschaft (DWM) in 1896. DWM was the
major arms supplier in Germany for 30 years, producing several major weapons systems, including the P08 Parabellum pistol (Luger), the MG01 and MG08 Maxim machine guns, and of course the Gewehr 1898. After a series of changes brought about by the fact that they were not allowed to manufacture military weaponry under the Versailles Treaty, DWM was taken over in 1929 by Quandt Grupp (an industrial conglomerate with ties to the German goverment), renamed several times to try to conceal its weapons development role, then reverted to its name as DWM in 1936. Following WW2, DWM manufactured trucks and railway cars.
Lots of info here