View Single Post
Old March 8, 2011, 08:16 PM   #23
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

I think leadcounsel nailed it on several fronts.

Several years ago, I bought a cannister of bear spray for hiking in bear country near Cook Forest, PA. I don't remember the brand, but I do recall the warning on the can: "Not intended for use on humans". Besides, given the potency of some of the stuff available, you don't really need anything hotter .

The description "Fires of Hell" don't do it justice. Our training also requires getting sprayed. Wonderful, beautiful, cold, running water was only about 30 feet away. The only problem was, you had to use an ASP to fight your way through 3 padded guys to get there. The point was to show that, if you're really, REALLY determined, you can still fight after getting sprayed. (All I remember is swinging wildly while completely blind )

I've been accidentally sprayed or gotten backspray several times, and other than lots and LOTS of cold water, the only thing I've found that gives any real relief is Solarcaine sunburn gel with Aloe Vera and Lidocaine.

(Hint for rookies: Application just before training helps )

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.02331 seconds with 8 queries