View Single Post
Old March 8, 2011, 05:30 PM   #26
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Seriously, do they expect us dealers to be a part of law enforcement?
Cooperation with law enforcement is in everyone's best interest. I'll be the first to pick up the phone and call them if I think something's amiss, but I will not break the law. Promises and agreements are likely to be quickly and conveniently forgotten when something goes sideways like this.

I'd lay odds that Lone Wolf is going to end up being the scapegoat in this whole thing to some extent.

In other news,

Quote:
The Office of Management and Budget notified the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last week that its request to require gun stores in four border states to report the multiple sales of certain long guns favored by Mexican cartels did not constitute an emergency under the law.
There are rumors of a $160 million cut coming out of the ATF's budget next session, which will likely shut down Project Gunrunner.

I really don't want to go off bashing the ATF out of hand. The guys in my field division are a good bunch, and they're working hard to do good and preserve credibility. But the guys in the Phoenix division are obviously pretty far off the reservation.

Page generated in 0.04880 seconds with 7 queries