View Single Post
Old February 14, 2011, 10:40 PM   #2
orionengnr

There is no handgun that runs 16 oz loaded that I would trust my life to, especially as your scenario is framed (one shot).

That is why I made the commitment to carry a somewhat larger, heavier gun in a caliber that I have more faith in, and that I can shoot well.

As I type this, I have a Commander-sized Kimber on my hip. I know I can shoot it pretty well, I have faith in the .45acp in a quality JHP, and I am willing to put forth the effort to carry it or something equivalent.

First runner-up is my Kahr P45, about 18.5 oz empty. I carry it in the summer time when I am wearing minimal clothing. It's little brother, the PM45, trims about 1/2" off each end, and another ounce or two off the weight. But the loss of velocity associated with the shorter barrel and the loss of a round of capacity makes it a questionable trade-off (for me).

Perhaps the closest to your original premise, my Kahr PM9 weighs 14.5 oz empty, and it shoots really well. I pocket carried it every day for 3 1/2 years. But now that I know I can carry a .45 every day, I do so.

Edited to add...if my life is at stake, what makes you think I quit after one round (unless I were already dead?)

Last edited by orionengnr; February 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.04288 seconds with 7 queries