""If your shooting things just in your backyard some fun targets i use are.
1. shaving cream. blows shaving cream every where pretty cool
2. old semi broken coffee mugs(ones with broken handels) my 22 mag turns them to dust and small pieces.
3. water balloons (without water) clipped onto something like a stake stuck in the ground.
4. cheap poker chips you can get out the dollar store packs of 100 i think they are great little targets drill a hole through them or just shoot it once and put a piece of string through it and tie the other end to a horizant post or somethin and shoot away.
5. another dollar store target that is good are little fishing bobbers that u can hand from anything you want and shoot away "" posted from above
Our range only allows paper targets. When the stuff listed above is used we end up cleaning up the leftovers. Most shooters seem to forget the cleanup part of shooting.
I hope all shooters leave the range better than they find it.