View Single Post
Old October 14, 2010, 10:08 AM   #6
Doc Hoy

Okay, Clem

I like your characterization about not being idiot proof too. I don't mean to hijack this thread but I would say that I take that approach with all safety considerations.

Our approach toward safety should be driven not by fear but by respect. We fear what we don't understand and if one does not understand something that is potentially dangerous he should stop and learn more about it. No operation is completely safe. This is why we have to be careful. Being careful, too me means, understanding the basic risk and taking whatever actions are needed to reduce the basic risk to one which fits within the individual's tolerance range. Right or wrong, some will tolerate more risk than others. Some are willing to tolerate so much risk, that we refer to them as "foolhearty"

Lest we forget, the original post had to do with cartridge conversions for the Walker, a pistol which, much to my surprise, I have come to know and love.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.04046 seconds with 7 queries