View Single Post
Old October 2, 2010, 12:09 PM   #10
davez

About 2 weeks ago I had bought a Spanish 32-20 revolver that looks like a Colt Police model for $75.00. Had some surface rust, so I used 0000 steel wool and looks little better now. After I bought it, I went on line and looked up info of it and from what I read, was not good. A lot of people said not to shoot it cause the steel is too week for modern loads and would blow up! So I took it to a gunsmith and says it's ok to shoot as long you shoot light loads through it. I then picked up some Black Hills Cowboy loads and shot it last Saturday at the range and it did shoot. Shot 2 boxes but it was spitting lead at the cylinder gap. One couple 20 feet to my left was feeling lead and I was feeling it on my left temple and arm. Funny thing, the empty shell casings end up being straight wall instead of bottle neck. Then I took it at the store where I bought it and showed them the case and explained what had happend. So right now it's being repaired. Nice gun though but ammo is a little too pricey. I guess all those shooter that had their guns blowup must have had used high pressure loads. One more thing, some of the bullets were keyholing.

Page generated in 0.04606 seconds with 7 queries