October 1, 2010, 08:50 PM
Join Date: June 16, 2008
Garand Match = AS ISSUED.
Many place inspect the rifles.
The rifl e must be a Caliber .30 U. S. M1 Garand rifl e that was issued by the
U.S. Armed Forces and be in as-issued condition. A Caliber .30 M1941 Johnson
rifl e or a U.S. Carbine Caliber .30 M1 may be fi red in matches designated
for M1 Garand rifl es.
(1) These rifl es must be as issued by the U.S. Armed Forces, with standard
stock and sights.
(2) Trigger pulls may not be less than 4.5 pounds, except that the M1941
Johnson may have a trigger pull of not less than 3.5 pounds.
(3) “NM” rifl es, or rifl es with NM parts, including NM sights, may not be used
in the rifl e, except that NM operating rods may be used.
(4) The use of shims made of any material is prohibited. The presence of
fi berglass, epoxy, glue or any other fi ller is prohibited. Laminated stocks
and stocks made of synthetic materials are prohibited.
(5) As-issued M1 Garands must be chambered for the .30-06 cartridge. No
rifl es chambered for the 7.62mm NATO (.308) cartridge may be used.
CPT USAR Ret
USAMU Sniper School Oct '78
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071