View Single Post
Old September 25, 2010, 02:53 AM   #57
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Your Garand is legal, Your 8 round enbloc clip is legal, you must take the hunter safety course which is about $41. You have to apply for the area you want to hunt and they hold a drawing to restrict the number of hunters in any one area at a time. If you are going to be hunting in a Condor area you have to use lead free ammo. Your season has already started so I think you missed the boat for this year except for small game and birds. A unmodified M1 will need low pressure ammo specifically for the M1. California specifically states you must use soft point expanding ammo so I am not sure the Amax will be legal for you because it is a fragmenting bullet not a expanding bullet. You want something like the Remington copper solid. I'm using my M1 Garand myself this year just for old times sake, last time I hunted with it was in 1972 and I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to cart it around. I have 165 grain hand loads and the Hornady 168 gr commercial loads. Ordinarily I use a single shot rifle or a revolver but this year I just want to do something different. I'll probably use my hand loads because its a Remington Core Lokt bullet and I like it.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.04904 seconds with 7 queries