The logo, RA in circle over a gun sight is the Replica Arms Logo. When Navy Arms bought out Replica Arms they did not simply eliminate Replica Arms from existence, but changed it to Navy Arms over a period of time. This was to establish Replica Arms and Navy Arms as one and the same. Replica Arms was the chief competitor of Navy Arms at this time.
The first marking change was “REPLICA ARMS RIDGEFIELD NJ” on the barrel. After a short period this was changed to “NAVY ARMS RIDGEFIELD NJ” on the barrel but retaining the Replica Arms Logo somewhere on the gun, the frame, under the loading lever, etc. Replica Arms first used Armi San Marco as its manufacturer, and new info also indicates that Palmetto was also very active in the early 1960’s as well. Navy Arms used Uberti in the beginning for the 1851 Navy, Leech & Rigdon, Remington New Model Army, and the Griswold & Gunnison. Replica Arms was the first company to sell the 1847 Walker, the Dragoons, the Baby Dragoons, and the Pocket Models. These were made by Armi San Marco and possibly by Palmetto.
The 1860 Army revolvers were only produced and manufactured by Centaure of Belgium, at this time, and imported by Mars Equipment Co. and distributed by Centennial. (visit http://www.1960nma.org
). It was not until the later part of the 1960’s that Navy Arms added the 1860 Army made by Pietta to their offerings. It was not until the early 1970’s that Navy Arms offered the large frame revolvers after Uberti started producing the parts for these revolvers to Colt. It was as this time that Uberti decided to enter the market with a complete live of replica percussion revolvers. Exact time that each of these events took place is impossible to know because there are no surviving records found at this time.
The SA Logo found on the Navy Arms boxes before the merging of Navy Arms and Replica Arms is the old Service Armament originally started by Val Forgett in the late 1950’s-early 1960’s.