View Single Post
Old July 19, 2010, 11:27 PM   #74
nate45

• A valid Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card issued by the State of Illinois
Since all firearms owners in IL are required to posses a FOID card, I don't see what is so onerous about that provision.
  • Two identical passport-size photos taken in the last 30 days showing the person's full face, head and shoulders
While not unreasonable for the purposes of Identification. It seems kind of redundant and silly to me, since ones photo would be on their DL and FOID card.
  • A valid Driver’s License, or if the resident doesn't possess one, a letter from a licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist attesting that the applicant meets the minimum vision requirements to obtain an Illinois driver’s license
I'm not sure how that would hold up on an anti-discriminatory basis. Although being able to see at a certain level, certainly helps in target, identification and directing fire.
  • A signed affidavit from a firearms instructor approved in the State of Illinois stating that the applicant has completed a firearms safety and training course.
As others have noted in previous threads, this seems like an undue burden. If Chicago is not going to provide the instructors, nor allow ranges in the city limits.

All applicants must be at least 21 years old, or 18-20 years old with an eligible parents'
permission. Applicants cannot be convicted of any violent crime, have two or more offenses for
driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or under state law have been convicted of
domestic violence. Additionally, they must be fingerprinted and submit to a background check.

Why another background check? I thought thats why IL had FOID cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
And this is worse than a complete ban HOW?

Baby steps, people.
I agree with 44, things are better, way better and moving in the right direction. The situation went from no handguns, to one. LOL

Page generated in 0.04745 seconds with 7 queries