View Single Post
Old July 2, 2010, 03:27 PM   #13
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
The bullet is steel jacketed. Will that put up too much resistance to be tapped out? Thank you.
Steel? Forget pounding it out, you need to press it out. After you get the barrel secured you need to rig a hydraulic jack that you can pump up slowly pushing the rod against the bullet and ease it out of the barrel. A light squirt of lube in the muzzle will probably help, I doubt the penetrating oil from the breech will do you much good. If you can't figure out a way to secure the barrel and rig the jack then take it to a shop and have them do it for you, gunsmith, machine shop, auto body shop, maybe a machinist friend if you know one.

I can't figure out why I always hated steel jacket bullets...wait, wait, its coming to me.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.04102 seconds with 7 queries