Thread: a reminder...
View Single Post
Old June 4, 2010, 02:00 PM   #6
fastforty

My wife & I chose a rural life style a long time ago. We overplant our family garden every year and that gives us good reason to get out and keep in touch with neighbors, sharing the Earth's bounty- we always have plenty of extra fresh and home canned veggies. After 21 years of cutting, loading, hauling, splitting & stacking my own firewood- about 8-10 cords a year, I wouldn't have it any other way. You won't ever catch me between the house & the wood pile without the means to fight my way back to my home and family. We have propane heat, used to keep the thermostat set as low as it would go, "just in case". Haven't bothered lighting the pilot for 6 or 8 years now. I miss the wood stove during it's dormant period, but I know it won't be long before I clean it all out and start another long toasty winter. For now though, we kinda enjoy having the A/C to fall back on until we can enjoy heat again

Page generated in 0.04562 seconds with 7 queries