View Single Post
Old May 6, 2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Swedish Mauser safety issues. (M-96)

My shop has recently acquired a Swedish Mauser. The firearm seems to be in wonderful shape. It has already been sporterized (a shame I know, but not my doing), and no, its not a Kimber Mod. I have dealt with almost all varieties of Mausers; from the good ol' 98s to VZ-24s from Czechoslovakian to German to Spanish, and this is the first time I have ran into these issues. This is also the first Swedish Mauser I have had in the shop. The safety can not be turned on or off when the firearm is cocked. And when the bolt is released the plunger drops. I have never seen this happen with any of the other Mauser rifles, which leads me to believe that it is an issue. I test fire every used weapon that comes into my shop so that I can avoid the nasty repercussions of someone getting a faulty firearm. However, I am not a smithy; just a firearm enthusiast/salesman. I do not feel comfortable test firing this rifle without first getting some input, nor can I sell it in good conscience. So, my firing line friends, any input or advice would be very much appreciated.
"Those who hammer their guns into plow shears will become subject to those who do not."
Page generated in 0.04326 seconds with 7 queries