View Single Post
Old April 28, 2010, 11:08 AM   #14
azredhawk44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R
I have a shooting buddy I went to Perry with in 07. His range cart more than likey weighed 300 pounds. He had something in his cart for about anything that could happen on the line. If you needed a 9/16" wrench he more then likey had it someplace in his cart. I might be a little extreme here but it seems to be the trend this days to have a massive range cart. I've walked my gear most of my life as a shooter. I have the same shooters stool I got when I first started. I wore out one stool bag and got another but the frame is the same.
I doubt Thomas Jefferson would approve of America's marksmen pulling Red Ryders behind them. Or the founders of the NRA... since their initial goal was to improve dismal marksmanship following the Civil War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks.
We're not even pursuing "moderate exercise" if we can't lug our gear a couple hundred yards.

Page generated in 0.04521 seconds with 7 queries