View Single Post
Old April 17, 2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Gary Slider

Glenn, The Federal Law on transporting firearms does not mention Magazines.
Here is what MD says.
“A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.” Md. Criminal Law Code § 4-305(b). This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine. Section 4-305(a).

They don't mention Transporting.

Here is NY Law.

It is a class D felony to manufacture, transport, dispose of, or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device, which N.Y. Penal Law § 265.00(23) defines as "a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device" manufactured after September 13, 1994, "that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition." Section 265.02.

In NY the law says Transport. So I believe you would be breaking the law. I only have one firearm with mags that hold more than 10 rounds. It is a Beretta 380 which I never carry except for a backup once in a long while. I will not travel with anything over 10 rounds. Do I have to leave them at home? Maybe, Maybe not but never forget you can be arrested anytime and given your day in court. I won't take that risk when I don't need to.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Page generated in 0.04138 seconds with 7 queries