View Single Post
Old March 17, 2010, 09:24 AM   #26
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Do you take the fight to the extreme of not accepting BOA credit cards at the risk of alienating customers and losing business, which will result in a loss of income and potentially resulting in a loss of the business? In other words, do you extend your fight with BOA to being a fight with your customers who may have a BOA credit card, telling them that you don't want their money if they are going to pay with BOA credit? That would be a very bad business decision from the standpoint of helping the business to thrive in an already stressed economy where more folks and restriced discretionary income.

All true.... I think that my response might be to post signs in the store and on the web page indicating to customers that I would strongly prefer not to accept BoA payment forms. If a customer handed me a BoA card/check then I would ask them if they were aware of the problem and run the card/take the check if they so wished.

On the other hand, such action does ring mildly of a personal vendetta as I'm certain that BoA is not the only major (or minor) bank with those policies and the only difference really is a personal spite. I certainly would not (and do not) do business with them but to take up a cause against them based on this alone might be a little overboard.
-The Architect
-----
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.

Page generated in 0.04291 seconds with 7 queries