View Single Post
Old March 17, 2010, 12:25 AM   #8
jgcoastie

My only concern is the first test case... We all know there will be one within the next few years, and we all know that it will be the Getteysburg of gun rights battles.

Even if every state in the country passes similar law, the test case that goes before the SCOTUS will be where the real showdown begins...

If only laws were passed by the legislative branch and enforced by the judicial branch, wait... Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Oh, yeah.. Instead every law passed by the legislative branch has to be thoroughly vetted and decided on by judges that, IMO, don't have any business messing around with it in the first place...

EDIT: My apologies to all, and thanks to Brent (aka hogdogs) for noticing my rule-breaking slip-up.

To add one more thing: If only laws were written in a clear, cut & dry manner, leaving little to no room for "interpretation" by courts. If only...
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Last edited by jgcoastie; March 17, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.04779 seconds with 7 queries