View Single Post
Old March 6, 2010, 08:03 PM   #28
Just had a little reminiscing session with my neighbor Egor today at his shack, when I went to check out my hunting shack. He used to own a Grumman Sport canoe. His late BIL Dick and I were using his canoe to jump shoot a small river. We were having a wonderful time. We came to some white water and Old Dick said we have to portage around this area and looking up the banks I was thinking, is he nuts! I told him to let me get a closer look(Dick was in the stern) and seeing the white water was only about 100 yards through and moving well I gave a hard stroke and down we went. It wasn't going to well, and when I could, I glanced back to see Old Dick hugging his 1100 Rem to his chest. I hollered at him to grab his paddle and help! All he could say was, "No way am I going to loose this shotgun! I worker to many overtime shifts to loose it".
When we got through I had a short stick left, nothing resembling a paddle!
No way did I think my old friend would react that way!
Then he said, Egor(his BIL) had ordered some touch-up paint to fix a scratch on this canoe. When we flipped it over onto the car rack there wasn't hardly any paint left on the bottom, so I told him he better tell Egor to order more paint! ( I offered to pay)
The next time Egor took the canoe out hunting (2 weeks later) he flipped it, and sold it the next week!
For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, But to us who are being saved, It Is The Power Of God. 1Corinthians 1-18
Page generated in 0.04068 seconds with 7 queries