View Single Post
Old February 15, 2010, 03:40 AM   #259
PPC match

I shot a PPC match at a local gun club on Sunday.

We shot a 48 rnd modified PPC course, and you could shoot as many times as you wanted for $5 a run. I shot the course 3 times.

And I was generally somewhat disappointed in how I did. Several of my routine practice courses are based on the PPC using the NRA B-34 1/2 scale target at 50 feet.

The stage I had trouble with was 6 rnds kneeling, 6 rnds left barricade, and 6 rnds right barricade in 90 seconds. 90 seconds is forever. You almost have time to have a cup of coffee and run to the restroom in that stage. Still, for some reason I shot too fast, and when shooting left barricade/left hand with support, I bashed the trigger and pulled my shots low right about 4 o'clock out of the scoring rings.

On the other stages, my group wasn't as tight as it should've been, but it was acceptable. (We pulled targets after each stage)

I practice left hand with support all the time because it can be useful when shooting around cover. I may never need it in the real world, but it certainly comes in handy at matches, and is sometimes required. (Left hand with support is basically mirror-image for me as I'm right handed).

So, I have to get out the timer and practice that some more.

Still, it was an enjoyable morning. I've always liked shooting PPC and since there was a small number of shooters, I was able to shoot through the course 3 times and be on my way in an hour.

(My best score was 427-12X out of 480 possible. Normally, on that course, I'm in the low 450s or so)
You can only learn from experience if you pay attention!
Page generated in 0.03947 seconds with 7 queries