View Single Post
Old February 12, 2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Sose

Bought my first handgun and have got ammo questions...

So I literally bit the bullet and purchased my first handgun. A Glock 23. It was more of a combination of opportunity and research than just a straight up hunt.

I knew, from all my lurking in the forum and reading other magazines, that I wanted a Glock. And I considered getting a 9mm G19 or a good compromise between the 9mm and the .45, a G23. Having fired both and liking them both, it was just a matter of time before I spent the cash. The G23 just happenened to be one of he three handguns a good friend of mine was selling during a visit down to Texas. Needless to say, I snatched it! For $350 I got a stock G23 with 2 magazines and a concealed leather Galco holster. Almost new too!!

So my question is about acquiring ammo. I'd like to know what kind and where you usually find the best deals for your own ammo needs. I'm looking to get .40cal for two purposes; home defense and range practice.

Can anyone recommend a place to get good deals on these types of ammo and maybe even recommend a brand?

Thanks in advance! Most of you have already assisted me more than you ever can imagine in selecting my first handgun due to the insightful comments, reviews, suggestions and advice.

Page generated in 0.04727 seconds with 7 queries