I50sx you didn’t mention what state you are in. As you can see there are a lot of differences in what each state will allow. Kentucky is really a wonderful state.
Benefits of having a permit… Well you can open carry here without a permit, but if you have your permit you can carry and be private
about it. (*
Except where prohibited) Also our Ky. permit covers more
. (The following is from a Kentucky State Police web site. http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm
What weapons are covered under the CCDW license?
• Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or serious physical injury, may be discharged.
• Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife.
• Billy, nightstick, or club.
• Blackjack or slapjack.
• Nunchaku karate sticks.
• Shiriken or death star.
• Artificial knuckles made from plastic, or other similar hard material.
Where can I openly carry a firearm?
There are no Kentucky Revised Statutes that govern the open carry of firearms by persons who lawfully possess such firearms except for the following:
• 527.070 - Unlawful possession (whether carried openly or concealed) of a weapon on school property, except for certain specified exceptions.
• KRS 244.125 - Which bars loaded firearms (concealed or otherwise) in places where alcohol is sold by the drink, except for certain specified exceptions.