View Single Post
Old January 17, 2010, 07:23 AM   #11
N.H. Yankee
I also feel its a combination of things either together or independent, heavy pull, gritty pull, still pulling after the sear has released, flinching ( can send them anywhere ) or jerking downward, all are especially worse the smaller the gun.
This is why so many people are much more accurate with a decent S/A type trigger or triggers like the XD and Glock.

Because I was shooting back in the day, I cut my teeth on revolvers because reliable semi's using hollow point ammo were not abundant outside of some 1911's or browning Hi-power's. I got used to and was conditioned to the D/A action due to the revolver being the gun of the time. Today many shooters rarely train on or even have a true D/A weapon.

I think in a true life and death situation most people might be better off with a XD type trigger as long as the pull isn't too light. Adrenaline has a way of lightening triggers up even more so. I feel it takes more focus to shoot a D/A accurately especially under stress, and many can't or don't dedicate the trigger time to be proficient.
The real danger to America is not abroad but within..
Having an open mind is a good thing, but not so open that your brains fall out!
Save America, abort liberalism.
Page generated in 0.07224 seconds with 7 queries