View Single Post
Old January 13, 2010, 10:27 PM   #15
Re: Pistols for self defence

To Jedburgh, that is one HELL of a post! I obivously don't know as much as you do as far as physics and what not, but I do disagree with one thing. You stated that "The force a bullet will impact your adversary is equal to (or less than) the recoil you felt when you fired the round. It’s physics." OK. BUT if a bullet is traveling at say 1,000 f.p.s., that works out to be oh, about 681.81 m.p.h.. Now I don't know about you, but my guns all have a nice little pop to them, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like something was hitting me at 600+ m.p.h. I understand that there are other determining factors involved here, but truth be told, the latter hurts alot more. Keep in mind that the cup pressure on a .40 can exceed 20,000 p.s.i..
I would like to thank you for your service, and for keeping us out of harms way. Thank you, and best of luck to you.
To Okiefarmer, LOL I have the same picture in my office. It scares off the new guys pretty well.
In a nutshell, if you can't hit your intended target with a good shot, then start going to the range. I'm confident that I could defend myself with a .22 caliber wheel gun, but I carry a Colt Defender 1911 .45 with night sights and a laser, in hopes that just the sight of it will make some idiot think twice.
Ryan Jones

Remember, when seconds count the police are only minutes away.
Page generated in 0.07042 seconds with 7 queries