View Single Post
Old January 13, 2010, 04:53 PM   #35
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel
However, when I go to a yard sale and see a valuable X item marked really low, I don't question it's origination. If I want it I buy it. Some of these items could theoretically have been stolen, or heck even sold by a family member that isn't the true owner.
I'm not sure why the whole yard/garage sale thing keeps popping up. The fact that an item is at a very public and at least mildly advertised event, not to mention at a persons house, pretty much takes care of an awful lot of questions in my mind. It really has no relevance to the OP, at least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel
What if the same seller was selling the same item at a price more in line with the actual value. Would the buyer, without the benefit of the warning of a low asking price, buy the same item without worry? Stated differently, is the selling price that big of a deal?
For me, it has no bearing on price, except that I'm willing to take the chance on small ticket items.

If I'm buying a gun then I'm getting ID and a receipt. Period, end of story. If you refuse or seem suspect in any way, I'm gone. Price has no bearing in a firearms purchase, high or low dollar.
-The Architect
-----
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.

Page generated in 0.04591 seconds with 7 queries