1. Are you able to access your weapon with your off-hand if you needed to?
2. How do you do it?
3. Have you even thought about it?
4. Do you even care?
1. Yes, but it takes some contorsions.
2. I have to be seated and then set my feet and twist my shoulder (reach with the body, not the hand) to my left pocket).
3. Yes, that is why I do not do it. Also, pocket carry is dangerous as we have had news stories here at TFL over the years where people have been killed or seriously injured with pocket carry (including Yankees manager Billy Martin who was nearly killed at a bar in Indianapolis when a pistol fell out of a pocket of a fellow bar patron).
4. Yes, I care, that is why I do not carry in my pocket. If I was up on my feet more it might be a good place for a third or fourth gun, but just to drop the pistol in my pocket as the gun shoppe commandos tell you (and then they always pat their pockets) is less than optimal.
Pockets in outside cover garments, winter coats and the like, may be utilitarian especially if seated in an automobile.