View Single Post
Old June 21, 2000, 11:24 AM   #2
bullseyekp

Jeff,

CCW or not? I think that has a lot to do with the situation. Anytime I leave my comfortable suburb I have a weapon nearby.

My first priority would be to move to the passenger side of the car and get the wife behind the front wheel if the threats are still moving closer. Remaining in the car would make her a much easier target but running might also do the same. If the "gangstas" get close enough and are intent on harming you, draw and fire away!

I go to school in a very bad part of town and in the past year, one student has been shot and several citizens in the area have been shot and died as a result. Although I try to avoid filling up the tank near that part of town, every once in a while it has to be done. I have run through this scenario in my head numerous time and it helps to have a plan. Sitiuational awareness is also a key in an instance such as this. You have to be able to think and move very quickly.

I also think it depends on how hostile your antagonists are. But it is probably best to treat them all as severe threats.

All the above is IMHO. Some of the schooled tacticians on this board may have a better solution to the scenario.

------------------
"When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise."
--Proverbs 10:19

Page generated in 0.04767 seconds with 7 queries